Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Been a few days...

It's been a few days since I have ridden. Actually, six. Saturday I went to Atlanta to help move a bunch of office furniture, and that was an all day and very hot and sweaty job. But, I did get to keep four bookshelves (thanks Kordax and family!). So Sunday was spent installing three of them, another all day job. Monday, Bessie Smith Strut. Sorry, not skipping my turkey leg! Tuesday, laundry and rain. So, today was it. I wasn't sure what a layoff would do, but I planned to at least match last Thursday. Instead, I topped it by four laps, and did 6 miles. I might could have gone another or so, but I was dogging it hard. I am starting out in 3-6 until I get really tired (about 10 laps) and dropping down to 3-5. I'm pushing it hard, like a middle distance run. As such, it doesn't take long to finish. I'll probably have to back down even more to go much longer in the short term. Anyway, while scheduled to ride again Friday, I have to go to Manchester/Tullhoma. My sister is going to have a baby, and they induce labor Friday morning. So I don't know if I'll ride again tomorrow or Saturday. Depends on if I can walk in the morning.

2 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Larry Burton said...

Take the bike with you and ride circles around the hospital until the littl booger gets delivered.

At the rate you're going think about joining that Red Bank bicycle ride in a month. I think you can make it and I think you'll enjoy it.

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>Monday, Bessie Smith Strut. Sorry, not skipping my turkey leg!

HA! I wasn't up to the walk (having just delivered a baby) so I sent my parents to get me my rib sandwich.

Good luck to your sister!

Sushi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home