Saturday, July 31, 2004

Battlefield

Thanks to Cat for taking me down to the Battlefield. Nice ride, more hills than I am used to, and I was definitely dragging on them, but hey, I got up them anyway. Just drop gears and keep going. Sorry to keep Cat and Rich waiting at the top (well, not waiting, but slower than normal), but they didn't seem to mind much. Roughly 20 miles. If it weren't for the time, I'd have thoroughly enjoyed it (I'm not a morning person). Actually, I really did enjoy the ride, it was the being up before noon part I'm not good with!

Gonna have to go get my cables retensioned, I think. Troubles shifting, the middle two gears kept wanting to go two at a time up, and sometimes not go down. Horrible clanking sounds, and when it wouldn't go down I could hear it rattling, so I'd click to go down again and it would usually be ok, but sometimes drop two as well. Argh.

One last thing. Music is good for riding solo. Sucks for riding with others. Live and learn.

1 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Larry Burton said...

I figured you would enjoy the Battlefield. Yeah, it's got a few hills but I don't remember any killer hills out there.

It sounds like you've got the stamina part down for decent length rides, now you need to work on leg and back strength for the hills. Dropping a few pounds, which riding ought to help you do, will make the hills easier also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home