Thursday, July 29, 2004

Tuesday & Wednesday

Since I missed quite a few days, I took the loaner out Tuesday and did 20 miles.  All seemed fine and good on Tuesday.  Kept of a fast pace (cadence wise, which does translate into speed, but wasn't important).  I took the last 3.5 miles at a much harder pace than normal.  I'd wanted to go for more distance instead, but I had to do laundry afterwards, and thus had to get to the laundrymat in time to finish before they closed, so I chose to push a bit harder since I couldn't go farther.  Didn't think much of it at the time, finished, stretched a bit, then went and did laundry.  I had trouble sleeping though, even though I was tired.  I blamed it on the clean sheets :).  But when I got up, my left thigh was hurting in the meaty part above the knee.  Nothing after the ride but normal soreness, but when I got up, this mild twinging pain.

Still determined to try to get at least three rides a week in, I went out Wednesday as well.  I'd hoped during the workday that the nagging pain would go away (it didn't really hurt, it was just annoying) but it didn't.  As I started to ride, it didn't really hurt much either, just that nagging twinge.  But by about 8 miles, is started to throb.  So I headed back early.  It was about 4 miles back at that point, and I took it fairly easy.  Now, it is back to just twinging again.  No riding tomorrow, and only a short ride to the Lion planned for Friday.  I have no idea what I've done, but I hope it goes away soon.

3 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Blogger DaWorm666 said...

(Note, meaty part above the knee on the back side, not the front.)

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It could be a bakers cyst. I gave myself one earlier this year. Its caused by a buildup of fluid into a pocket and it'll eventually go away on its own. Usually you can tell if that's it because when you feel around in there you can feel the fluid pocket.

Cat

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Dan Lyke said...

Charlene has had a similar issue, and we haven't done enough testing yet to figure out what we can do to fix things, but one correlation she noticed was whether she let her knee out away from the frame. You might play with keeping your knees in close.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home