Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Hills

I went on a drive around work at lunch today, looking for a route that had some hills, but wasn't too long. I didn't have much time, so what I came up with was ok, but left a little to be desired. But I rode it anyway. It started out ok, as I left Chapman onto Shallowford and hit Noah Reade (spelling?) road over to Bonny Oaks. That's a two mile ride that is full of ups and downs. Also, since it was the hilliest part of the route, something I wanted to do first to get it over with. Then, down Bonny Oaks to Jersey Pike. Bonny Oaks there is a 50 MPH road, but has a fairly wide shoulder. From Bonny Oaks, I took Jersey Pike across 153 to Cromwell Road by the railroad museum. This lead back to Shallowford, and the worst part of this particular route. Cromwell comes out in front of the Vulcan gravel quarry. That stretch led back towards work, but I took the Quintus loop, and then turned onto Polymer drive. I rode past Mayfield, BASF (which stinks like burning plastic), and the Comcast office to end up on Shepherd Road. I followed that over 153 again, sticking to the right side by Shepherd school (up and down the hill) and that brought me back to Shallowford, and then back to work and my truck. Total trip, just a tad over 10 miles. Considering that it wasn't flat, I didn't feel bad about being short. I may try to do that loop twice, but I really need to find a route that doesn't have as much traffic and doesn't go by stinky chemical plants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home