Thursday, September 09, 2004

Faster Pussycat

Well, that was a band name I'd heard a lot when I was younger, and I liked the name, even though when I finally heard them, I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped to be. What does that have to do with anything? Well, not much, other than I took the loop from work to Camp Jordan and back a bit faster than last time (even counting not taking the extra bit around Shephard Rd.) I started out faster, and had to keep it up. Had to. I didn't start until 6:45 or so, and if I hadn't keep going at a good clip, it would have gotten dark before I got back. Since this bike has all of one reflector on it (one of the four that were originally on the pedals) that wouldn't be a good thing. One thing that helped was the new tires I put on it. The tires aren't "good" tires, but they do have a center ridge that makes riding on the street much better. They had road tires for a mountain bike, which I thought a rather odd thing, but I still want to get out into the woods sometime.

I got to ride in the woods a little at OutsideCon. Not much, as a lot of the time I was actually up I was drinking heavily, or it was pitch black dark. I did get to figure out why there are three rings on the front. Rocks and roots and gulleys aren't pleasant while climbing a hill at any speed other than a crawl.

Anyway, still haven't got out to look for a road bike yet, and likely won't for a bit. I'm going to San Jose this weekend and won't be back until Thursday evening. More business than pleasure (it's BorCon, the conference for Borland Software developers - geek stuff.) Three days of classes, 8 am to 8pm or sometimes later.

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Randy Black said...

You are right about the band Faster Pussycat having a better name than sound. Some other unusual band names that I can recall off the top of my head are Ultimate Spinach, Baby Fay and the Heartless Baboons, the Electric Prunes, and Strawberry Alarm Clock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home