Monday, September 27, 2004

What a slacker...

Two weeks ago it was BorCon in San Jose. Gone Sunday to Thursday, spent Friday doing things that made Saturday a no go for riding (Sunday too, actually). Last week, I rode on Tuesday, but only 12 miles on the levee (but in 45 minutes), and then more slackerdom. Saturday I would have, but I had to shop for a birthday, tailgait a ball game, go to a birthday party, then the Vols game, which led to a definite inability to do squat on Sunday...

So, I ride again today. Another 12 mile, 45 minute ride at the levee. The problem with evening rides is I get off of work at 6pm, I then have to change clothes, and if I go to the levee, it is 6:20 or so by the time I get there. The sun is on the horizon by 7:30, and it is dark by 8 something, and when DST hits, it will be worse. Maybe I can buy a headlight, but I'm not so sure I want to ride in the dark, even with flashers and a headlight.

I'm thinking about riding short rides daily, but mornings are out. I have a hard enough time getting up as it is. Yeah, slacker.

I should be able to make the Battlefield Saturday though. I figure its been so long that WK will try to kill me. As long as I don't get lost, it should be ok though. Plus with the new tires, I won't roar as much and may be able to keep up better.

Or maybe I'll be a slacker again. At least I'm good at it.

5 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except that THIS Saturday is the Sequatchie Century.

I believe they have a 30 mile option.....
Cat

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Larry Burton said...

Do it Worm. Even if you don't make the entire metric or half metric it ought to be fun. I would be tempted to drive up there for it if I wasn't being shipped off this weekend on another out of town job.

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger DaWorm666 said...

Send me some details. Also, isn't the Cohutta fire hall ride on the 8th of October (same place as the first organized ride I went on a few weeks back)?

I'm on vacation next week, and if I am in town (still thinking of heading off into the wastelands of the US) I can make some rides I normally can't (like Falling Water on Tuesday).

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meeting in the Mars Lot at 7:30 am Saturday. Ride starts 8am Central, which is 9am our time. Costs $30, and its in the Sequatchie Valley, so it should be relatively flat territory. More information can be found at http://www.chattbike.com/events/SeqVal/seqval.htm

Apparently, some of the proceeds is going to county high schools with an additional prize going to the band with the best Sag Stop support.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Dan Lyke said...

We got a Performance ViewPoint Gen3 light for the front, LED, uses AA batteries so if the rechargeables fail you can stop by the convenience store, and now there's nothing weird about Charlene saying "let's take a bike ride" at quarter to ten at night.

It's not cheap, but it won't break you either, and I find it gives enough light that I'm totally comfortable at 16-18MPH. And it's small enough and light enough that you can toss it in a pocket, whereas less expensive halogen systems aren't, and the big lead-acid batteries aren't nearly as flexible.

That and a few cheap flashers on the back and you should be cool at night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home